1. Прочитайте текст и выберите единственно правильный вариант из ниже предложенных вопросов.
The Regus London Film Festival is the largest public film festival in Europe. You can watch fantastic films from across the globe that you may otherwise never get to see whilst in the company of the films’ stars. All the films are UK premieres – so you get to see them first – in some of the most exciting cinemas of London. In recent years the festival has premiered films such as “American Beauty”, “Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon”, “Almost Famous”, “The Dish and Sexy Beast”, to name only a few.
The sheer size of the festival and its extraordinary range of titles – from Hollywood blockbusters to experimental shorts – means that whether you are a serious film fan or a Saturday night cinema-goer, there is something for you.
But it’s not just watching films! Get behind the scenes by attending interviews and master classes with some of the world’s top film-makers and stars or experience some of our Special Events and Education workshops.
The Regus London Film Festival is … public film festival.
a) the most important b) the oldest c) the world’s largest d) the largest European
According to the text you can watch…
a) some films nowhere else but at the Regus London Film Festival
b) old and new films at the festival
c) only European movies at the festival
d) fantastic films only in one cinema in London
The Festival can be interesting…
a) only for serious film fans b) for Saturday night cinema-goers
c) for everyone d) for the film stars
Which statement is not true?
a) You can also visit receptions with the film stars during the Festival.
b) The Festival has premiered many famous films.
c) There are some education workshops at the Festival.
d) If you want you can attend interviews with popular film-makers.
** 2. Прочитайте текст и вставьте вместо пропусков подходящее по смыслу слово.**
as long as
Most Americans can swim, and ___ (1) everyone likes to at least ___ (2) around in the waves on a hot day at the beach. Knowing how to swim is important for ___ (3), but when you do it seriously, swimming is also one of the best exercises for your body.
___ (4) water and swimsuit you don’t need much. Goggles keep irritating chlorinated water out of your eyes and let you watch where you’re going, and a swimming cap makes you more streamlined for ___ (5) and keeps your hair out of your face. ___ (6) keep the water out and ___ (7) ear infections.
To get in shape, start by swimming twenty minutes three times a week. Add ten minutes ___ (8) you’re swimming for an hour each time. Vary your strokes to work different muscles. It’s okay to take short breaks, ___ (9) your heart rate stays up.
3. Вставьте some, any, no или их производные. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. He has not any tobacco, as he does not smoke. 2. Are there any desks in the classroom? – Yes, there are many.. 3. Can any tell me how to get to the Public Library? – Yes, take … bus that goes from here towards the railway station and get off at the third stop. 4. That is a very easy question. - … can answer it. 5. I saw … I knew at the lecture
4. Вставьте частицу “to”, где это необходимо.
- My brother can … speak French.
- We had … put on our overcoats because it was cold.
- They wanted … cross the river.
- They heard the girl … cry out with joy.
- I would rather … stay at home today.
5. Переведите предложение на английский язык, используя устойчивые выражения с инфинитивом.
- Для начала она вымыла все полы.
- С ним трудно иметь дело.
- Мягко выражаясь, я очень устала сегодня.
- На нее приятно смотреть.
- На ваших детей приятно смотреть.