Choose A, B, C or D to fll in the blanks in the sentences below. Write your answers on answer sheet А.
- Rachel was surprised because she __________ anything like that before.
A hasn’t seen C hadn’t seen
B haven’t seen D didn’t see
- Dad looked into the room and saw that the boys __________ computer games.
A played C has been playing
B were playing D had been playing
- We’ll meet as soon as Adela __________ from Chicago.
A return C will return
B returns D will have returned
- Pamela __________ already 16, when her family moved to Leeds.
A was C has been
B had been D have been
- I __________ to school today, I’ve got a cold.
A don’t go C am not going
B not go D not going
- I hope it __________ raining by the evening.
A stops C is going to stop
B will stop D will have stopped
- Sheila has just told me her parents __________ back tomorrow
A come C would come
B will come D are coming
- I’ve got a splitting headache. – I __________ you an aspirin.
A am giving C give
B am going to give D will give
- Veronica __________ a pie since the very morning.
A makes C has made
B is making D has been making
- Penny says she __________ Louise for ages.
A knows C knew
B has known D had known
- While Mum was washing the windows, Dad __________ in the garden.
A was pottering C had pottered
B pottered D had been pottering
- The tourists felt that the wind ____________ harder and harder.
A blew C had blown
B was blowing D had been blowing